Day 13 of our 30-day digital marketing plan for your local business focuses on one of the most successful online processes ever created: Email Newsletters. When offering a promotion or discount, this medium attracts existing customers to return and buy again.
In today’s business world, your company must have a solid online presence and utilize digital marketing strategies to increase sales. Your success depends heavily on reaching existing clients and attracting new customers.
The training below will outline your steps when creating a successful email newsletter strategy to connect with your audience. Following this process will increase your email open and click-through rates, generate warm leads, and ultimately increase your sales.
Understanding the Importance of Your Email Newsletters
Email newsletters are a proven online strategy to quickly communicate with existing customers. They are a cost-effective way to reach out and promote your products and services. Let’s explore the benefits of communicating with your existing customers using this online process and promoting your local business.
Reaching Your Existing Customers
An excellent and convenient way to connect with existing customers is to use email newsletters. They allow you to communicate quickly, personally, regularly and update your email list about new products, services, or promotions. This strategy has also proven a great way to build customer loyalty and keep your email recipients engaged with your business.
Promoting Your Local Business
The content message inside your newsletter plays a vital role in promoting your local business. This material can highlight local events, special promotions, or new products or services about to hit the market. You can also showcase your company’s unique features that differ from your competitors.
Before sending any email newsletter, check that your material is well-written, has no grammar errors, and is easily read. Your content must be personalized and relevant to your recipient. Furthermore, avoid making exaggerated or false claims and focus on providing valuable information to existing customers.
In conclusion, email newsletters are essential for your business to communicate with existing customers. Creating them is a cost-effective way to quickly reach those on your email list and promote your local business. Following best practices and providing valuable information to customers with this strategy builds customer loyalty and grows your business.
Creating Your Successful Email Newsletter
When you want to offer your email list promotions or discounts, crafting and sending an email newsletter is a great way to stay in touch with them. However, creating a compelling message and design requires careful planning and execution. In this section, let’s discuss designing and crafting your email newsletter to engage your customers and drive sales.
Designing Your Newsletter
As always, first impressions matter, and the design of your email newsletter is no exception. Here are some tips for designing an effective email newsletter:
- Simple: A cluttered or complicated design will overwhelm your readers. Stick to a clean yet simple look that is easy to read and navigate.
- Images: Include eye-catching images that quickly grab your readers’ attention but will not cause slow load times affecting your message.
- Mobile-friendly: Use a responsive design that will adapt to different screen sizes and keep the content intact and easy to read.
Crafting Your Content
Once you have a design, it’s time to craft your content message. Here are some tips for creating engaging, compelling content:
- Offer value: Your customers are busy, so make sure your message provides them with something of value. This could be a promotion, discount, exclusive content, or helpful tips and advice.
- Keep it brief: People have short attention spans, so keep your content concise and to the point. Using bullet points and subheadings to break up the text makes scanning easier.
- Personalize it: Use your customers’ names to personalize the content. This builds a stronger relationship between you and your customers, increasing their chances of acting on your offer.
Following these tips, you will create an email newsletter that engages your customers and drives sales. Remember to test your newsletter before sending it to ensure it looks and functions correctly, and track your results to see what is or isn’t working.
Incorporating Promotions and Discounts
Promotions and discounts are a great way to attract new customers and persuade existing ones to return. In this section, we will discuss how to choose the perfect promotion and successfully communicate your offer or discount.
Choosing Your Perfect Promotion
Your chosen promotion should be appealing to your target audience and business goals. Here are a few things to consider when selecting a promotion:
- What are your business goals? Are you looking to increase sales, promote a new product, or attract new customers?
- Who is your target audience? What are their interests and needs? What do they want to avoid?
- What promotions have worked well for you in the past? What have your competitors used that succeeded?
Once you’ve answered these questions, it’s time to start brainstorming promotion ideas. Here are a few examples:
- Free shipping on orders over a certain amount
- Buy-one-get-one-free offers, known as BOGOs
- Percentage discounts on specific products or services
- Loyalty programs that reward customers for repeat purchases
Communicating Your Discount
Once you’ve chosen a promotion, it’s time to briefly and quickly explain it in your email newsletter. Here are a few tips:
- Use clear and concise language to explain the promotion and its terms and conditions.
- Highlight the value of the promotion to the customer. For example, “Save 20% on your next purchase!”
- Use eye-catching graphics and design to make the promotion stand out.
- Ensure the promotion is easy to redeem and the customer knows exactly what to do.
Choosing the perfect promotion and making it easy to understand and how to take advantage of your offer quickly attracts new customers and keeps existing ones returning.
Executing Your Email Newsletter Strategy
Timing and Frequency
Timing and frequency are crucial when sending out email newsletters to new or existing customers. You want to ensure you’re not bombarding your email list with too many messages but also not sending them so infrequently that they forget about your business.
A good rule of thumb is to send out a newsletter once a month. This strategy keeps your business in front of your customers without overwhelming them with too many emails. As for timing, send out newsletters on a consistent day and time each month so your customers can expect them.
Measuring Your Success
To measure the success of your email newsletter process, you must track a few key metrics. Each metric helps you understand your newsletters’ performance and whether you need to adjust it.
- Open Rate: This metric shows how many people are opening your newsletters. A reasonable open rate is around 20-30%.
- Click-Through Rate: This lets you know how many are clicking the links inside your newsletter. An average click-through is about 2-3%.
- Conversions: This metric shows how many people are taking action after clicking on a link, such as purchasing or signing up for a service.
Moving forward, you will easily make informed decisions about your email newsletter strategy and improve its effectiveness by tracking these metrics.
When you’re ready to discuss or develop your Digital Marketing Plan, we can help. Contact us and schedule a free marketing consultation.